THE CASHMERE IS THE “JEWEL IN FABRICS”
1. The output of cashmere is very scarce, only 0.2% of that of global animal fibers. It's often priced by grams and is considered as "soft gold" due to its high quality and excellent feature.
2. ONE SWEATER = CASHMERE FROM FIVE GOATS.
Generally, the fiber is harvested by combing the hairs from goats. A mature goat produces 40g cashmere annually. To complete a cashmere knit sweater needs cashmere from 3-5 goats.
CASHMERE HAS FOUR FEATURE
1. SOFT AND COMFORTABLE
.Fibers have well-distributed length and thickness, and low density;
·Cross section with a regular circular shape;
.Can be worn comfortably against the bare skin
·Rich and smooth surface
·Lightweight and comfortable to wear
·Exquisite hand feel
3. FLEXIBLE AND ELASTIC
·Cashmere is naturally elastic and resilient (bounces back quickly), it does not shrink when washed correctly and will retain shape.
.Due to its natural curling feature, the cashmere fiber can effectively prevent the influx of cold air, 2-3 times of warmth compared to that of wool.
CASHMERE VS WOOL
Though wool and cashmere are very good natural fabrics, cashmere has some better characteristics and is a more luxurious fabric with an elegant drape.
· A cashmere yarn composed of long fibers achieves the softest feel as fewer ends are loose.
· It creates a more uniform and smooth surface since it allows them to be tightly spun.
· The resulted product is softer, displaying a more lustrous finishing as it facilitates light reflection.
· While wool fibers are generally shorter, thicker and have more pronounced scales. Comparing with cashmere, wool is less soft. Grade A cashmere is soft enough to be worn comfortably against the bare skin.
· Due to its natural curling feature, the cashmere fiber can effectively prevent the influx of cold air, 2-3 times of warmth compared to that of wool.
· Due to how cashmere is made and the strength of the wool, it will stand the test of time, as long as it is cared for properly. Unlike other wool or knitted garments, cashmere doesn’t lose its softness or luxurious feel, making them perfect investment pieces.
· Cashmere is naturally elastic, it has unique properties such as rapid wrinkle recovery, durability, lofty hand feel, draping capacity and warmth. Aside from promoting good extension properties, resilience ensures that you don’t feel compression (caused by shrinkage), while avoiding that the fabric stays in a stretched condition, in which case, you will no longer want to wear it.
· Garments made from sheep’s wool, while warm, are relatively heavy and can feel scratchy due to the coarseness of the wool. But it is also significantly lighter if the garment is made of high-quality, 100-percent cashmere.
1. Soft enough to be worn comfortably against the bare skin
LILYSILK selects cashmere from Mongolian mountain goats, to spin standard grade-A yarns with diameter and length 34cm, thickness 14-16 microns. But the average width of a human hair ranges between 60 and 100 microns in thickness. So the cashmere knit is soft enough to be worn comfortably against the bare skin.
2. White for white: healthy, ecological and luster
White fibers can achieve all of the colors with the least chemical handling.
3. Yarn count 2/26 and 12-gauge knit:
Ensure long-life of your cashmere knit.
There are 12 stitches or rows of yarn in one inch of knitted fabric so the fabric would be relatively dense and ensures long-life of your cashmere knit.
4. More than 120 procedures:
-Combing the hairs
-Cashmere yarn spinning
... More than 120 procedures
5. Easy to care
CARE OF CASHMERE:
1) Wash it by hand gently or machine wash in a mesh wash bag in cold water on the most delicate or woolens cycle.
2) Do not wring. Instead, press the water out of the item gently.
3) Minimizing the spin time.
4) Wash different colors separately.
5) Avoid hang/line dry, lay the item flat in its natural shape on a hanging laundry drying basket or clean white towel to dry.
6) Use neutral or special detergent for cashmere.
7) Keep out of touch of pets/sharp objects.
HOW TO CORRECTLY DEAL WITH THE PILLING OF THE CASHMERE?
1) Pilling is a normal phenomenon among the knit made of yarns due to the friction of different materials. Cashmere is thinner than wool or other fiber so that it's easier to pile.
2) LILYSILK adopts Grade A cashmere, and our yarn count is 2/26, with 12gauge knit. So our cashmere sweater is not easy to pile, merely part of which might.
3) Our suggestion is to avoid friction with harder materials. Match with smooth clothing when wearing it. Frequently change your clothing to allow adequate rest of the cashmere sweater. Gentle wash by hand or washing machine is also important.